Monday, February 25, 2008

In Love with Aperture 2!









I visited Nature Museum of Ottawa this Saturday. Amazing place to visit. If you happen anytime to come to Ottawa, this is one place you have to visit and and I'll tell you its worth every bit. 4 floors, 4 different galleries, maintained very beautifully. Some part of it is still under restoration. I had a very nice time there and already booked my next weekend's calender also :)

When I came back from there, while browsing the net I came to know about Aperture 2 release. I have heard a lot about Aperture but had never tried. This time decided to give a try and downloaded the 30days trial version.

However the control tabs are slightly different than PS CS3 or GIMP, which made me spend some time to learn the software. Once I learnt the basic operations, tried the first image. This is when I got awestruck looking at the results!! Amazing color rendition and great control! I felt the control over the 'level' tool is just unbeatable. As I have worked with CS3 and GIMP also, found the levels tool of Aperture 2 giving better results for me.

Here are some of the images that I processed using A 2. Some are from Nature Museum and some from my archives.

Best thing is that the price also looks quite affordable !! :)


- Ash

No comments: