Thursday, October 4, 2012

Some faces which didn't quite make it!

Few days back we were called for a dinner to celebrate the launch of the coffee table book - "Daroji - An ecological destination", authored by Vijay Mohan Raj, Ganesh HS and Samad Kottur. We were called to hand over our contributor's copy of the book. I was excited to see the book.




It was in last year May that myself and my friend Shivakumar L made a trip to Daroji to make some images of the people around Daroji for this coffee table book. I had written some first hand account of my experience in my blog - "Faces from the land of mines". It was a wonderful on the field experience for both of us and the trip had yielded some nice images.




The book has come out nicely with some stunning images from authors. Some perspectives are brilliant and some are from rare angles. Though many of our images didn't make it to the final version of the book, I am quite happy about the overall experience that I had with respect to the approach towards people portraits.

The images shared in this blog post are the ones which were made during the trip and are unpublished.


Cheers,
Ash


No comments: